The Taskbone plugin is not in the official Obsidian plugin list. It needs to be installed and updated manually.
- You have Obsidian installed
- You have a Taskbone API key → Get an API key
- Download the latest version of the Taskbone Obsidian plugin from https://www.taskbone.com/assets/files/taskbone.zip
- Unzip it in the
.obsidian/plugins/directory of your vault. If there is no
pluginsdirectory you need to create it first.
After you're done, your directory structure should look like this:
└── myVaultDirectory └── .obsidian └── plugins └── taskbone ├──main.js └──manifest.json
If you already had a previous version of the plugin installed, there should also be a
data.json file in the taskbone directory. This is where your settings are stored. Do not delete this file.
- The next time you re-start Obsidian the new plugin version will be active.
These steps are only neccessary, if this is a new installation:
- Open the settings dialogue and the "Community plugins" settings. Enable the
- Open the Taskbone settings and enter the API key you received in your welcome email.
Taskbone entry will now show up in the
PLUGIN OPTIONS section.
- Close the settings dialogue and you're done.